Just Saying Hello :)

lego

Thought I`d better say hello , and give some very brief history.

Names Liam

Never rode Trials properly, used to have a TY250 when I was 19....a few years ago, 37 now.

Decided to buy another bike...got a gas gas 280....and...oh my don`t they pull well and how the hell do you guys manage to do the things you do and make it look so easy.

Anyway got a few simple questions, with the influx of lovely baseball cap wearing lads riding motoX on the streets.....its seems the police have took a major dislike to anything thats not on the road.

With that in mind, where can people practice without fear of arrest (based in Stoke-on-Trent)

And what do you have to do/have to take part in your practice sessions.

Regards

Liam.

HI Liam,

Welcome to TC.

We are lucky in that there are a few places where trials riders can practice in this area, but located near Stratford-Upon-Avon we are probably too far South for you.

My suggestion is to look out for clubs (T&MX News is a good place to start) who have novice and beginers routes usually refered to as the C route (South Shropshire, Stafford Auto). Some clubs even put on whole events just for beginers (Manchester 17?, Stourbridge)

Practice makes perfect, however entering an event which is set out for newcomers to the sport gives you the chance to compare your skills to others of a similar ability and I suspect you will go away from such a trial having made new friends who in turn might possibly know where you could go to practice.

All you will need to enter a trial is an ACU affilitation card (basically a licence-

Hi Liam,

Your in a very good area to start up Trials again, take a look at the Manchester17 and Macclesfield sites, always run loads of really good events for all abilities. Hawks Nest isnt to far from you either probably 30-40 mins just before Buxton should be a map on the Man17 web site, and I'm pretty sure there are a few other places to ride up your way legally.