Easy Problems

jezzyb

just had my stator rewound on my 99 easy the bike fired up first kick however i have lost the bottom end revs , its just not right when you are at tickover and want some power , it hesitates and you have to keep blipping the throttle or it will stall i have tried moving the stator plate and its better when its retarded but will only then start with the choke it looks like it could be the carb but having the stator repaired i am thinking they may be a problem anybody shed any light on the problem or anybody know any carb settings also i have been told you dont need the analogue box under the seat but surely its there for a reason thankyou jez

I hate to say it but you need to throw a timing light on it to make sure the spark is in the right spot and also check that the ignition is advancing properly at the higher revs. That way you'll be able to eliminate any doubt you have on the ignition. I learned that from a Can-Am with the Hiro motor. Fought with it for years changing parts and tuning to no avail. I even checked it with a timing light and it looked good until I revved the engine and the spark retarded instead of advancing. Turned out the trigger and charge wires to the CDI were reversed. Flipped the wires and the bike ran perfectly.

Also be careful what you remove. Years ago it was chic to remove the regulator from Betas to save weight. It seemed like a good idea since it was only a one wire device and didn't seem to do anything. Problem was it was a shunt regulator that dumped excess current above a certain voltage and without it you fry the cooling fan.

thanks for that dan got in touch with the company who rewound the stator and they said the wires from the stator might need reversing so you dont think its the carb i dont think it is but i have to check how do i check the timing thankyou jez

Check that your choke plunger is returning all the way to the bottom and is not hampered by anything. Mine had 3 cable ties wrapped round it when i got it. I removed them and it improved the running all round. Most of the time it was fine.

Edited by madcr500

• 2 weeks later...

just a update on my easy problem,

I left the timing in the central position gave the carb a good clean and it appears to have solved the problem its running a lot better

thankyou kind people for your replys well appreciated

jez