Wiring Questions

motorrad

Okay I just bought a 2005 300 TXT pro... One of the previous 2 owners decided to remove all the lights I assume. I have been looking at wiring diagrams and it seems straightforward enough to wire it back up (assuming I get the harness back)...

But my main question... I have been looking at the CDI systems on this page.. http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html .. I hear people talk about the "sun shine, and rain ignition settings" My bike has no such switch. Seems some bikes didnt come with it with the ducati CDI? or am I reading the chart wrong and my bike is supposed to have one?

Edited by Motorrad

Okay I just bought a 2005 300 TXT pro... One of the previous 2 owners decided to remove all the lights I assume. I have been looking at wiring diagrams and it seems straightforward enough to wire it back up (assuming I get the harness back)...

But my main question... I have been looking at the CDI systems on this page.. http://www.trialspartsusa.com/tech.html .. I hear people talk about the "sun shine, and rain ignition settings" My bike has no such switch. Seems some bikes didnt come with it with the ducati CDI? or am I reading the chart wrong and my bike is supposed to have one?

The ignition mapping (sun & rain switch) first appeared in 2006 I think? Correct me if I`m wrong. I also know it is usual to remove this switch as very few actually use it and it is just another source of failure to the bike.

Why would you put the lights back on? Road registration?

-Jan

As I remember, the 05' has the dual ignition maps but not the switch (at least the 280's). There are two wires coming out of the module, a black one and an orange one. Plugged together will give you the slow mapping and pulled apart will give you the faster curve. You can add the 06' switch to do it from the handlebars.

Jon