Should I Part It Out?

rickgoodwin

I have a TY250 that I planed on doing a disk brake conversion on, so today a buy a complete 1988 Beta Tr34 with a dead motoplat[no spark] was going to take the wheels and brakes off of it but i get to lookin at this bike and it is in really decent shape, as good as my TY anyways. i start thinkin maybe I should get a stator for this bike and ride it. I guess I could always find another front wheel for the TY. Had a beta Techno and it was a nice bike but Ive never ridden the tr34. Anyone else ride a TR34?

Edited by RickGoodwin

I had two TY's back in the nineties. The first was on drums and was awful in the wet, however I later got one with a front disk conversion and found it heaps better. I then moved on to a Fantic with disk front and rear and missed the last TY so much.

I've been away from Trials for 8 years now, but just finishing my old mans 89 TR34 and am looking for some bits still. I thought I had a dead ignition too and spoke to steve at motoplat in spain, theres some test figures on his website to see what the problem is. Mine turned out to be a dodgy plug cap, only cost