Saying Helloooo

slogger

Thought I would be civil and say high to all.....

Coming back into trials after about 20 years out of the saddle. Rode twin shocks in the 80's at schoolboy level for many years and now that my son wants to start (he's 17) it seemed an ideal excuse to get myself a bike!

Looking forward to the chat etc....

dean here,

i'm in old hickory, tennessee usa. i began riding trials in 79 with friends in Crossville, tn. we called ourselves team crash & burn...we lived up to our name quite well : )

after a more than 10 year outage, i'm looking forward to a return & plan to ride twin shock with a tlr200 & A SADDLE !!! i'm really looking forward to cooler fall weather & rejoining some old friends that have stuck it out.

cheers

dean

G'day Slogger, You'll love modern Trials Bikes, so easy and fun to ride, no saddles anymore though. :D

Thats my thinking.....the kids had a lesson at a local trials school last year. Had a quick 5 minute blast on a Sherco 125 and could not beleive how effortless it all was.

But then the last few weeks we went and watched a couple of local events and seen the odd Montesa Cota and a Beamish Suzuki and thought.........hmmmm twin shocks!

I think if I could find either a large capacity Italjet JT or a Whitehawk 200 I could be tempted as the Whitehawk was by far the best I had every ridden.

For whats its worth, my twinshock history was TY80, Italjet JT 50 (great geometry but no power), montesa 125 Cota, Whitehawk 200 (awesome!), Beamish 250, Bultaco Sherpa 250 (white frame), Fantic 240 (thought I was the dogs with the forward kicking kick start!). The later bikes (from the Beamish onwards) appeared so heavy but I would love to have another try on the Whitehawk or see what a large capacity Italjet is like (but you never see them for sale!!). The other option could be one of the White tank unit montesa's....

Hmmmm but I keep getting drawn back to the modern stuff!!!!

I remember them well..... is their any reason why you dont fancy the modern route ?

i'm 49 & counting w/ bad knees - i ride a pedal bike to work to strenthen the muscles around them, but i still like to sit down & wick it up on the loop. plus, i have a few ol' friends that do TS. i will still ride modern trials events & hope to stil be able to do the intermediate line : )

dean

the benefit of a modern bike is that they are fairly light so when you do get stuck there a lot easier to drag out of a hole. and with trials there's always someone willing to help drag you out and shout support. there's a few of us do the trials together youngest 34 eldest 60 and when belting bettween the sections you would never tell the difference and experience can really make up for youth at time's the elders will paddle a 3 while the younger lad's go for the clean and crash out. mind you ive watched the bloke of 60 master a monster section leaving me with my jaw on the floor and the word's oh s**t in my mind.