Ahrma Vintage 2 Day Trial At Donner Pass July 12-13th

If you didn't know about this you probably aren't ready to go.

If you are going, please post. Be interesting to meet some folks from here there.

We're heading down Friday and get in late Friday night. Hope there is room in the parking lot as we are pulling a long load.

I CAN"T wait! Had such a blast last year.

P1000496.jpg

Edited by swooshdave

Here's a shot of a section at Donner from about 6 or so years back. I wish I was going to have my KT250 together in time to ride, but that's not going to happen. The exposed granite reminds me of some of the terrain we had for trials use in the early 1970s at NMTA events in Albuquerque, NM.

ajstrial.jpg

cheers,

Michael

Dave, thanks for the report. Isn't it amazing how problems always occur when you are far from home instead of in your garage with plenty of time to fix things before you leave?

Was the air quality OK? Relatives in Reno say the smoke is pretty bad there.

I'll be riding at Mid Ohio on the 27th. It will be interesting to see how badly I flounder on a strange bike after not having ridden for several years.

Maybe I'll get to meet some other folks from here while I'm there. I'll be easy to pick out: 348 Cota, MC 3, and no doubt one of many middle-aged guys with white beards. :thumbup:

cheers,

Michael

I could have replaced the coupler at home, but I figured that if I ran into trouble I'd just swap it out there. It didn't take too long.

Air quality was better in the mornings, by the afternoon it was not so good. Not as bad as LA but still hazy.

Can't make it to Donner, but you can to Mid-Ohio? I see how you are...

Nobody offered me a bike to ride and free lodging at Donner.

My only expense for the week of going to Mid Ohio is going to be the plane ticket, parking at the airport, and my entry fee. Everything else is being handled by my friend who for some reason feels it is worth doing that to get me to come and visit him. :thumbup: Of course, that does also get someone to go with him to an event that is 8 hours away from where he lives so that may have some bearing on things.

cheers,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...