Oil In Forks(aprilia Climber)

joseclimber

Hi all i have a apriila climber owners manual which i will try to scan into the PC and have available in some sort of emailable package i just have to be nice to the kids to show me how its done so bear with me i will try to help out where i can ,

fork oil is 20w and has 260 cc of oil in each leg and should be changed every 1500,2000 km

i found the best way to remove the seal is to stand the fork leg once stripped (remove spring clip)upside down in hot boiled water from the kettle (make sure you made a cuppa first ) and use a spring puller or somthing with a hook it will just slide out .to replace the seal again place in hot water and just smear new oil around the seal ,i then used a short lenght of 1" 1/2 waste pipe just to tap it home then replace the spring clip.

I only need to replace one seal but the other fork looked a little harder to replace due to it being a rebound type .(other a damper)

hope this helps you out

steve