Cbr1000rr Test Ride!

copemech

I happenen to take a spin on one today just for giggles, Been a while since I been on a BIG bike, as the 600's and stuff are more popular.

Well, all I can say is that this thing IS NUTS! My impression is that it handles extremely well, considering the position of the rider, which is full monte, and needs to be because one could not submit to the awesome power otherwise!

Suspension is near perfect, if the front is toutching the ground! It needs the digital speedo, analogue will not keep up!

Clutch and brake were not far off a trials bike, with one finger on each! Effortless motion in the turns, which I kept below 100 for safety!

Bottom line, I WOULD NOT recommend this bike to any friends that I wanted to keep around for a few years. It may well be the closest thing to(with better hardware) the TZ750 world killer I rode many years ago. All I can say is that I got the same woodie!

Maybe I am just too old to remember, and it is a different animal, BUT! Still Stupid!

I want to go beat a few rocks now! :thumbup:

I happenen to take a spin on one today just for giggles, Been a while since I been on a BIG bike, as the 600's and stuff are more popular.

Well, all I can say is that this thing IS NUTS! My impression is that it handles extremely well, considering the position of the rider, which is full monte, and needs to be because one could not submit to the awesome power otherwise!

Suspension is near perfect, if the front is toutching the ground! It needs the digital speedo, analogue will not keep up!

Clutch and brake were not far off a trials bike, with one finger on each! Effortless motion in the turns, which I kept below 100 for safety!

Bottom line, I WOULD NOT recommend this bike to any friends that I wanted to keep around for a few years. It may well be the closest thing to(with better hardware) the TZ750 world killer I rode many years ago. All I can say is that I got the same woodie!

Maybe I am just too old to remember, and it is a different animal, BUT! Still Stupid!

I want to go beat a few rocks now! :thumbup:

The RR is a handfull and the new bikes are kinda neat but can sure be scarey too. I've ridden ones like a ZX14 drag bike and a Turbo Hyabusa and even a 1328cc alcohol Hilborn injected 1/4 mile monster (just for diagnosis purposes, I'm not anywhere near talented enough to put them through their paces at the level they require) but the bike that really startled me was essentially a stock ZX10 roadracer, felt like a little, light 600 and lulled me into a false sense of security until I rolled on the throttle coming out of the first turn. Yipes!

Yea, I'm much happier on the rocks also.....

Jon