Montesa 348 Coil?

jaan

The Motoplat red Coil of Montesa 348 is mounted with two small screws to the frame.

Have the screws get a contact to the frame? I mean have I to scrape the new paint off under the head or washer of the mounting screws? :thumbup:

You should make the electrical connection between the red coil and the frame as good as possible.

If that means cleaning the paint off the mounting screws and washers then yes do it. If you have painted the mounting tab for the coil, or if it has a film of rust, it would be a good idea to clean up the mounting tab where the red coil makes contact with it to maximise the quality of the connection.

If you have painted the mounting tab for the coil --- it would be a good idea to clean up the mounting tab where the red coil makes contact with it to maximise the quality of the connection.

Yes, I've painted the mounting tab! So it's surely best to sand down the tab to maximise the connection.

Thanks for your advice.