Mono Tubeless Rim

eiger

You may have problems with the mono rear hub. I think it is 32 hole which restricts you to the newer type Morad tubeless rims, earlier rims were 36, so they're going to be expensive. Or an earlier flanged rim off a Beta techno which are 32 hole. The biggest problem may be getting spokes to fit due to the mono's Z spokes meaning that conventional spokes won't fit. You may be better off looking for a different hub to lace a tubeless rim to.

Whichever way, tubeless rims are crazy money now.

will appreciate hearing info on how you end up.

I have a GG rear wheel asm that I am trying to fit to the Yam because of the tubelss tire. Disc brake is not really necessary, but is part of the deal as that is what the hub is. The snag is fitting the master cylinder for the brake, and lowering the pegs, without huge fabrication issues.

k

Hey Eiger. :thumbup:

Talon did a rear hub to fit the Yams which used the same design almost, but instead of the Z spokes you could use conventional ones. I don't know whether you can still get them, I've only ever seen one which was fitted to a bike on Ebay.

It would probably be cheaper to get hold of a TYZ or GasGas rear wheel and brake and try to graft them on? I don't know the spacing of the wheel but I'm sure you could find someone who say, lived down the road and who worked on a lathe and could machine some spacers to get it to fit? Or take some material off the hub to get it to fit? I was thinking about doing this a while ago on my Yam, but I don't ride it enough really any more due to riding biketrials all the time.

Have you checked the spokes to see if any are siezed? It would be an expensive mistake to buy the new rim and not be able to strip the old one down.

Muel/Kev/Woody.

Thanks for the replies, already respoked the original rear wheel after Birketts supplied me with a new set of spokes so no probs there but have found the tube type rear IRC tyre falls off the rim very easily and as i've been told I cannot get any other tube type tyres I was looking at converting to tubeless - easier to fix punctures too.

Converting to any available conventional rim has appeared to be an expensive option IE over a

You can still get Michelin tubed but they are no longer the X11, unless you can find someone who has new old stock. The Michelin tubed is now called the Trial Competition and is based on the old X1. They are not supposed to grip very well at all in mud, a mate of mine tried one and can vouch for that....