Txt 07 Pro 125

003nahalf

My son has a TXT 07 125 and although i have heard of the gearbox gremlins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to know from someone else who has suffered;

''Quote''

My gear lever is going around clicking and selecting some gears on its way and guess what dad, and if you dont believe me ask george, My bike went into gear on its own and set off when i was warming her up and that is the gods honest truth why that dent is in the back of your van !!!!!!!!!!! Can you fix it for me mate ?

''Unquote''

To be told this by your 12 year old son who refers you as MATE whenever his chums are around has made me very suspicious indeed.

So basically something has become detached and is not connecting and my questions are therfore.

a) Can I fix it with some mechanical knowledge/savvy

:thumbup: What is it, ie does anyone know

and

c) Is it going to cost an arm and an equally old knackered leg

Any help would do guys including step by step remedial instruction.

Jim

If you can still get gears it sounds like 1 of the following problems

1 the "top hat" on the clutch side is broken or

2 the small aduster directly behind the clutch basket is broken or needs adjusted - very hard to get the exact positioning too much 1 way and you will get gears on the up and too much the other way and you will get them on the down

either way laying the bike on the left and removing the clutch cover and basket will show this

worst case scenario is that you have damaged the tiny springy clips in the actual box although it doesnt sound so and if it is its engine out and split - 8 times on my first 02 pro in 1 season

really the best thing to do is ring Shirtys and ask to speak to Kev or Luke for their advice - he doesnt shout or swear no matter how often you ring or stupid your question is - or maybe he makes allowances for being Irish!