Help!

theom

just washed down our bikes and my dads 250 beta as normal. the problem is when i took the beta of the stand it wouldnt budge as if it is stuck in gear?? could anyone tell me what could of happened because my dad aint gonna be happy at all when he finds out :thumbup: lol, if anyone could reply asap it would be a big help! Thanks

You would have to explain a little more? If the rear tire is not rotating the bike is either in gear, chain is thrown and bound up or the engine is locked up.

If the bike ran when you set it on the stand then its safe to say the engine did not lock up while sitting on the stand.

If you wheeled the bike to the stand odds are the chain is fine.

Check to ensure if bike is in neutral. Does the bike shift thru the gears alright? You can do all this without the bike running of course.

Check to make sure your chain is not off or bound up someplace up by the front sprocket for example.

Is your chain tensioner free and moving properly?

You sure you were not out joy riding the bike and locked it up then wanted to wash it to remove all evidence that the bike had been riden before Dad got home??

no i wasnt joyriding thank god lol, we rode last night got them out today to wash them, i didnt start it up before i washed it. it was in nuteral when i put it on the stand. took it off the stand and the back wheel just wont budge, feels like its in gear to me. cant get it out of that gear tho. people have been telling me to change the gearbox oil and see if that sorts it?

Could it be even more simple than the gearbox... brake maybe. If the rear disk is supposed to float and is bound tight maybe that is it. Even with a boned up gear box the tire should rotate a little forward and backwards with the slack in the chain.

As a side note. I saw a bike bind the chain behind the front sprocket (between sprocket and swing arm) and that locked things up tightly. Cause of this was a very very loose chain.

If it is brake check and see if something got jammed that caused the rear brake to be engaged when you put it up on the stand.

If you can't find anything try gently prying the brake pads apart to see if they just hung up for some reason...

If no luck use your bleeder valve to see if you can release pressure from the line to see if that frees it up.

if it does then you may have a master cylinder issue or maybe a stuck lever or something.

Good luck and keep us posted. I am interested to hear of the results.