Borus 07cab Setup

clav3

I found out some interesting things when testing the 07 Caby setup, 45 pilot #4 slide, JFH needle clip second from top, 115 main. (122 too rich)

I also have Cab head fitted from new and had decided to go with the Boysens strait after run in and they where great, but after about six months the bike seemed to be consistently running rich. I started changing pilots and needles trying to make the idle richer and the transition into the mids leaner.

I

Thanks Borus!!!!!

your welcome, of course the entire setup is from sherco's research for caby/keihin setup. glad to pass it along. with a slow throttle, map1 and 2.5 mm retarded the bike is perfect for me. it's way too much for me in the standard set up. i keep thinking about the 4t but i'm not sure i want to give up the 2t power flexibilty???

cheers

Clav,

I think I follow most ov what you are saying here. Some of the things you describe, I may experience with the Dellorto on the stock '07 while running the Boyesens.

My thinking is that the sensivity ov the low speed valves of the Boyesens just seem to allow carb fluxuation to become more pronounced. The stock reeds just simply are not responsive enough to allow that to happen on the lower end of the spectrum.

And even though the Kiehin is a good mixer, it is not a total godsend, and touchey! As the better hit from the stockers(reeds) is more welcomed by some, I have considered doing some re-tuning myself. Stock reeds, stack another base gasket to slow things? :D