No Rear Brake In My Sy.

godzilla

Hi,try flushing back from caliper to reservoir,use a syringe and a piece of tubing,i get my syringes from the vets,60ml cost about a quid,the tube is 6mm? poly (screenwasher pipe) from diy shop,drain the res so there is room for new fluid,last time took me 3 goes to get all the air out,but i've a mint pedal now :D

Hi mate

had the same problem ... your best bet is firstly checking the seals on the master cylinder .. and the banjo at both ends ..

take the pots out of the caliper fill both halves with oil then put them backtogether .. then stick a syringe on the tube attached to the bottom of the reservoir and push fluid back through the bleed nipple by pushing opening closing refilling 7 or 8 times and you should get pressure back

also make sure there is no holes in the low pressure hose

Thanks for the fast reply guys. its working better than ever now. I removed the pipe from the resevoir and put a smaller pipe with a srynge full of fluid down it and slid the clip back over, then opend the bleed nipple. nothing happend. so i removed the nipple which was full of crud, cleaned the crud out and started again. this worked first time!

Edited by godzilla