Everyday Transport?

redbaron

Hi has anyone used their trialler as everyday transport? I've got a 3-4 mile commute across town and Im thinking of using my 02 315r. Ive got the full lighting kit etc.

I know its probably a bad idea but has/does anyone use their trialler everyday?

Used my 4rt to travel to and from work last year (4 miles each way with about 1 mile of green lane), It was great (took up a few sections on route). You will benefit from a long ride seat, the only other downside is roads are heavy on tyre wear.....

Do it end enjoy ;)

You'll need to get a regulation registration plate or your collar will get a bit frayed! Or you might even end up on telly if you live in one of the vigilante areas per this week's MCN.

Hmmmm I did wonder about that. At the moment I have a stick-on tiny plate ontop of the rear mudguard which is obviously highly illegal. The Mont lighting kits seems to include a nice Honda XR-esque tail light that would sit nicely ontop and a huuge bulbous monstrocity that looks like it would snap the mudguard in two if I attached it.

Not sure whether to just take the risk or play it by the law, Im pretty sure I wont get pulled in rush hour traffic as they probably wouldn't catch me and Im damn sure I will get pulled anyway as its going to look a little funny (Im 6ft 3 by the way!).

Has anyone used a buttrest (www.buttrest.co.uk) and do they work?

Al