2008 Ktm 450 Exc-r

cota kid

• 1 month later...
Well after much deliberation I've taken the plunge and bought a 2008 KTM 450 EXC-R & free KTM toaster, for some dune bashing in Dubai.

Anyone any tips for running one in and what to look out for.

The running in is done by hours best speak to your dealer. I've just bought a 530 exc, second hand was going cheap the former owner found it too powerful. Your 450 is powerful but the 530 is on steriods when opened up. I've ridden an 05 450 today nice bike but won't be as good as yours. I'm seriously thinking about riding mine in club trial at the end of the month thats how smooth the KTM's are. The weak points of KTM's compared to Honda is the electrics have a habit of letting water in. Your 450 will blow forks seals like there going out of fashion so buy some sock covers to cover the seals. The older ktm's needed there front caliper bleed regular i was told. The caliper has small areas where oil doesn't get too. If you ride on woodland tracks as i do you'll need to curb your right hand compared to any trials bike but on the dunes it will be mega. Just think of the weston beach race you'd be a front runner and racing knighter :D

Edited by spud