315r Top Mods

04r1

Hi there, I've started down the mods route already on my 98 315r, and i anyone's interested, the best thing I've tried and found worked a treat is a OKO 28mm Keihin PHK rep (Chinese) carb. This cost me 39 quid and went straight on, jetting as supplied feels fine and you can even access the choke!! It's kinda half flat side to the airbox side and curved inlet side, just like the PHK Keihin. Low speed running feels much more responsive now, and picks up lovely. All I had to do was soak airbox rubber in boiling water so it would fit over the slightly larger new carb, cable fits fine.

Anyone else had a fiddle with engine / suspension on a 315 and what did you feel worked best?

Pete

Edited by 04r1

...so raise the compression and lighten the flywheel...OK, I don't want to do motocross on it though!! It doesn't make it too peaky though does it? It also knocks a bit from the bottom end when cracking the throttle open, I've heard this is kinda normal on a 315, something to do with octane rating, how do you stop this?

Use the 'super unleaded'. You can even add octane booster (from most motorfactors halfords etc) if you want although we have enough Octane in our petrol over here that I doubt it'd be necessary.

I experimented with this when i got mine but in the end it just needed a top end re-build :thumbup:

Use the 'super unleaded'. You can even add octane booster (from most motorfactors halfords etc) if you want although we have enough Octane in our petrol over here that I doubt it'd be necessary.

I experimented with this when i got mine but in the end it just needed a top end re-build :thumbup:

Use a 35 pilot, that will help along with the higher octane, if you want to liven it up more slot the ignition pickup 3mm advanced!

Edited by trialsurfer

Use a 35 pilot, that will help along with the higher octane, if you want to liven it up more slot the ignition pickup 3mm advanced!

...Thanks, I gave the slotting a go and it is nice and sharp now...more than enough to get me going again...Cheers :thumbup: