Gearbox Seizure

jsndenny

My Beta Rev 3 125cc recently seized in 4th gear , i have removed the engine and stripped the engine down and ready to split the casing, i am trying to source an exploder diagram for gearbox etc before i go any futher, if anyone guide me to get one or any tips before i commence with this. Thanks Jay

You will need a flywheel puller (available from any trials bike shop near you) and basic tools. Remember to replace any circlips you remove with new ones, and it would probably pay to replace the crank seals while you are in there. I think Beta sell an oil set with these in there. Bearings are standard sizes, you can get these off the shelf from any bearing supplier if you need any. Check for any roughness after cleaning them and lightly oiling. Make sure all your gasket surfaces are perfectly clean, a kitchen scouring pad like a Scotch-Brite is perfect for this. If the cases wont fit back together on assembly dont hit them with a bigger hammer - have a good look to see what is stopping them fitting up. Thats all I can think of for now, just be careful and you should be OK.

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork