Pre65 Entry Forms 2009

vinnied

I know this is a very sticky area of bike eligability, and i am not poking the stick in the hornet nest so to speak.

How do yokes fair in the eligability stakes?

Are AW Engineering yokes ok to use? It seems most use these.

Or is it possible to use a betor set (cheaper) and yes i know they aint british but using betor stantions inside a set of road holders are acceptable so why not the yokes?

I dont want to start the done to death eligability thing just need a clear answer on the yokes as i have an Ariel project up and coming and i want to ride the scottish 2 day one day before me knee says i aint playing no more!

Now i am going to batten down the hatch!

Regards Pitley

Clear answer is no they're not as they're Spanish and they're visible which makes them inelligible, simple as that, they're against the regs.

What's not clear is whether anyone would bother if you used them or even whether anyone would be looking the year you ride, that's the chance you take and where the inconsistency lies.

They didn't like my Cota 247 yokes in 2007 which look just the same as the AW Engineering yokes (that should be AW look the same as the Cota actually as the Cota came first...) However, in 2006 no-one bothered about them.

Clear answer is no they're not as they're Spanish and they're visible which makes them inelligible, simple as that, they're against the regs.

What's not clear is whether anyone would bother if you used them or even whether anyone would be looking the year you ride, that's the chance you take and where the inconsistency lies.

They didn't like my Cota 247 yokes in 2007 which look just the same as the AW Engineering yokes (that should be AW look the same as the Cota actually as the Cota came first...) However, in 2006 no-one bothered about them.

Reckon you said it all there woody :lol:

Thanks