Oil Leak Help

phonomenon

Morning guys & gals

Just getting into this great sport after trying my friends Scorpa a few weeks back.. Bought myself a 1995 Beta Techno. Starts and runs lovely but it seems to have a nasty oil leak. I can see that the oil is coming out of what i would describe to be the layshaft/output shaft?? (the shaft that has the rear sproket to what the chain runs on) Sorry for the basic tech talk, hopefully it will improve with time. Am i right in thinking that i can untension the chain from the snail tensioner, remove the chain & sproket & replace an oil seal??? Also is there anything else worth replacing while im there such as a bearing??? I have most hand tools at hand but have never really done much work on a motorbike before so any help or suggestions would be apreciated!!!

J

Sounds as though you have the correct idea, but not sure how easily the seal will come out! Bearings are not normally effected I think! As they probably come out in the other direction!

I had a techno motor at one time, but best I can do now is look at the Sherco for comparison. Those seals are small and tight, but hopefully you can lever it out without damaging things. :huh: