Advice Please

tikka65

Started work in ernest on my old nail today. Removed rear wheel bearings, replacing tomorrow. Ordered various bits from Woosters at Leeds, namely the bushes that fit in the swinging arm for the chain tensioner, front brake lever and an air filter to start with.

Looking like I have to do the rear suspension linkage bearings too. Did this on my CRM and it was a b.

Going to change the gear oil. Found the filler next to the clutch slave cylinder, my question is, is there a level plug for the gearbox oil.

If so where is it?

If not how much oil do I put in it?

Also I have some Silkolene light gear oil which I used for the CRM every oil change with no problem, so it should be ok for the 315.

What do you think?

Found this on the net, don't know if you've seen it before, if you have here it is again.

http://www.apexmotosports.com/montesa%20parts%20book/e-1.htm

Thanks

Tommy

Going to change the gear oil. Found the filler next to the clutch slave cylinder, my question is, is there a level plug for the gearbox oil.

If so where is it?

If not how much oil do I put in it?

Also I have some Silkolene light gear oil which I used for the CRM every oil change with no problem, so it should be ok for the 315.

What do you think?

There is no level plug I'm afraid, just fill it up with a fresh 500ml each time you change it. (I think it's supposed to be 510ml but 500 means you get two changes from a 1L bottle) Silkolene should be fine.