Sherco Clutch

mattya

I've scuffed up the steels with 80 grit and had good luck with that. A guy here in Oklahoma, can't remember his name off hand to give him credit, come up with using a thread file on the fiber plates that works every time. It's like taking eack of the squares on the fiber plates and making into 3 with light groves, it breaks the surface tension and helps to release the clutch. Takes a little time to do it but when your done it works.

I've scuffed up the steels with 80 grit and had good luck with that. A guy here in Oklahoma, can't remember his name off hand to give him credit, come up with using a thread file on the fiber plates that works every time. It's like taking eack of the squares on the fiber plates and making into 3 with light groves, it breaks the surface tension and helps to release the clutch. Takes a little time to do it but when your done it works.

I roughed up the metal plates on my 290 with a SS wire brush on my dermel.......... scoring straight lines from the center out. I put 4 runs about 1/4 inch wide on each metal plate and it improved the sticking a great deal........ Now it only seems to be a problem if the bike sits for a month or more and even then is easily freed by rocking it in high gear a few times before starting.

Prior to roughing up the plates, if it sat for more than a few days, I would have to bump it into gear, get it up into 4th or 5th gear, pull in the clutch and lock the rear brakes a few times to free the clutch. (also something Ryan had recommended)