Sherco 4t Valve Cover And Valve Check

jimw

Hi chaps,

Bit of advice would be welcome. Having scoured the comprehensive (?) manual and Sherco's website plus a speculative search on Google I'm none the wiser about how to get the valve cover off. Do I need to drop the engine out or remove the

rad and ancilliaries or is there a trick?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Jim

I just did the clearances on mine an 07 model , i took the coil and rad out , and with a bit of wiggling the rocker box comes out , watch out for the O-ring seal round the spark plug tube it fell down between the rockers on mine and it was just luck i noticed it, Also if you need shims i got mine posted from B +B road and trial next day up to perthshire in scotland , i think the guy to talk to was shane , he will keep you right on shim measurement etc.

Does yours start ok when its hot?

Greg

Jim

I just did the clearances on mine an 07 model , i took the coil and rad out , and with a bit of wiggling the rocker box comes out , watch out for the O-ring seal round the spark plug tube it fell down between the rockers on mine and it was just luck i noticed it, Also if you need shims i got mine posted from B +B road and trial next day up to perthshire in scotland , i think the guy to talk to was shane , he will keep you right on shim measurement etc.

Does yours start ok when its hot?

Greg

Hi,

Just wondered how you sorted the shims issue - I know which way I need to go with them ( tight or slack) but the existing ones have no markings and because of the central depression my micrometer pins are too thick to measure the pad thickness. Did B +B just send you a bunch to try or is there a more scientific method?

Regards

Jim

Edited by jimw