Footpegs / Footrests

philthyphil

I would like to upgrade my footpegs on my 1980 320. Yes I could buy a weld on set, but the frame is all nicely painted and if I could just fiddle the pegs, and not the bike frame I would be happy. None of my vintage Ossas or my old Husky help . My KDX 220 is not much help either. My 02 Beta is close but the peg ears are just a mm to wide to fit between the peg ears on the SWM frame and the pin hole is quite a bit further out. Interestingly the pegs on my DR 650 are very close. Fit nicely between the ears on the SWM frame and would just need a bit of grinding to sit in close to the frame and have the pin holes welded up or perhaps just a sleve welded in to sleve them down to the hole size on the SWM frame ears. I do have grinders and a mig welder at home so steel pegs would be easy to modify. Anyone done a peg upgrade? Any ideas? Thanks all....cheers

I have a 1980 TL 320.

After riding a couple of events with the original tiny footrests , i bodged a pair of old sherco footrests on.

These took a hell of a lot of grinding to make the mount hole close enough to the frame and also

the overall thickness of where the peg slots into the frame had to be grind down.

The std sherco pegs are the same fitting as all other modern type genuine and after market trials footrests that you can buy-

no matter where thay come from or who makes them.

NOBODY makes replacement pegs to fit an SWM's standard mounting at all.

You have 4 options-

1- get some custom made

2- make your existing ones bigger/better

3- make another set from another bike 'fit'

4- use the after market trials universal ones that are available (with weld on brackets)-

Bad points of option 4- you will have to cut/ re-weld and paint the frame

Good points- Have good footpegs the same as any modern trials bike and therefore you can fit any modern

genuine or after market footpeg as they all fit the same

In case you are wondering i tried option 3 and the did option 4

I now have superb pegs!