Sherco 125 2002

slogger

My son has had his Sherco for about 4 months now and during the riding, I have not heard the fan come on once.

Is this normal in the current UK climate and if not what's the easiest way to test. I can see two wires coming from the temp sensor (red and yellow) and two going to the fan (black and blue).

I assume I can do a voltage test across the sensors (if so what should it be) and also run the fan on a battery to see if that's OK (if so what voltage?)

Rob

Gday, you can short the 2 wires to the sensor together. That will check the fan itself and all its wiring if it runs OK. If you suspect the sensor you can drop it in a pot on the stove with a multimeter hooked up to it. It should show continuity when the water temp gets up around boiling.

Cheers,

Stork

Gday, you can short the 2 wires to the sensor together.

E

What's the easiest way as the sensor wires are plastic coated spades ? I assume you mean just bridging across the two with a small amount of wire whilst the spades are pushed onto the terminals ??

You can just jump across them with a wire, they do not have to be attached to the sensor. The fan should run.

The fan motor is 12 volt DC , so any 12v battery should run it when hooked to the fan leads(not the thermo)! :guinness:

Edited by copemech

• 3 weeks later...