96 Jtr250 Fork Oil

smitty

Hi,

I have a 96 jtr250 and have changed the fork seals and was wondering if anyone could help me with what oil to use, how much and if there is a certain way to measure the ammount going in and a certain way to put it in ?????

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a 96 jtr250 and have changed the fork seals and was wondering if anyone could help me with what oil to use, how much and if there is a certain way to measure the ammount going in and a certain way to put it in ?????

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi smitty!

Your 96' should take about 300cc's of 5-weight fork oil per leg. You probably have not taken the fork apart completely, so the best way seems to be unscrewing the top cap of the tube and drop the upper tube down a couple of inches, tilt the tube a little and slowly add the oil in between the spring coils. A RatioRite works well as the spout is triangular and the oil comes out in a narrow stream. Take your time and allow the oil to slowly drain down inside.

Cheers.

Jon