Help With Front Forks Please

bantamboy

Hi I'm new to this forum I have a load of bits enough to build one and half bantams but no forks. I'm intending to take up trials I have one rigid and one swing arm frame what I would like help with is what are the best forks for the frames I have. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Bantamboy

Try to find some C15 or late model D14 or B175 forks. These should be "bolt-on".

I found a set of 30mm (ceriani?) forks of a small Italian roadster. They look period correct and work well but a were real toil to fit.

Watch out for pre-65 rules.

Regards

David

If you intend to compete check out the machine regs for the clubs you intend to ride with and have a chatwith the machine examiner.

Most will accept fiddle forks (more modern forks hidden inside period forks sliders), some will accept billet yokes (the easy way to hold more modern 35mm stantions), otherwise you are into modifying the yokes too..

so..

If you are happy to run around the lower order of the clubman's routes..standard ish BSA forks will do

if you are looking to be more competitive, then you need to be spending

Edited by alan

Many thanks for the replies......I went to the Jack Thompson Trial at Canada Heights the other Sunday and spoke to some people on smaller machines one had AMC forks with Japanese insides ???I asked if it was legal answer not really!!! I think I'm going to go down the C15 D14 B175 route and spend the money on the Rex Caunt ignition system just make sure I get round..Many Thanks for the advice

Bob

You'll be pleased with Rex's ignition set up , I've been using one on a D14 for years and never had a bit of trouble .If it's possible to use a more modern front forks we turn bearng cups to press into the frame to use tapered bearings , it's a lot of work but worth it , but our rules are a little more lenient on choice of forks . Cheers , Bruce