03 200 How Do They Compare To A Beta 200?

tom1

was planning on getting a beta 250 or 200 but cant find one in my area but i have found a 200 gas gas,

never ridden one so just wonderd how they compare to the beta? i've riden an 05 250 and it was a bit lively for me, is the 200 a lot more gentle? and are there any common problems to be aware of?

ta

was planning on getting a beta 250 or 200 but cant find one in my area but i have found a 200 gas gas,

never ridden one so just wonderd how they compare to the beta? i've riden an 05 250 and it was a bit lively for me, is the 200 a lot more gentle? and are there any common problems to be aware of?

ta

The 200 is a nice size for a lot of riders. Several bike models are available in that range and if you are starting out, should serve you well as long as you practice regular maintenance. If you are new to Trials, the bigger bikes are a little intimidating at first, but after some experience, I would imagine that you will come to the conclusion that they are not as "lively" as you first thought.

Cheers.

Jon

I have just upgraded my 07 125cc pro racing with a new 200cc barrel, piston and head. (Was going down the 225cc road, but the cost was to much)

The bike now has all the power that I was looking for and is very forgiving to ride.

Not done a trial on it yet, but got a days riding tomorrow to try it out to its full.

Never underestimate the smaller engine bikes out there as they are a lot easier to ride

And a lot less tiring than the bigger ones.

As for a Beta or a Gas GAS that up to you.

I like the Gas Gas as they ride light and are easier to move around than the Betas, but as Jon said above you do need to look after them a little more.

Ive just replaced my 04 gas gas 200, and I can honestly say its the best bike I have had, I don't normally keep them this long but I didn't want to change the 200. Its light pleanty of power and no different than any other gas gas for maintance or faults. I did fit a to fly wheel weight on it which it did need in my opinion and also fitted a Khien which improved it but which it probally didn't really need.

Never ridden a 200 Beta.

just bought a 225 out on it tomorrow for the first time

Cheers fellas, sounds like its just personal choice again, i dont mind the maintenance its part and parcel really isnt it, but i dont have a huge amount of free time so didn't want to go down the route of buying a bike that needs fixing as much as riding! lol

Christoff i'm down south mate in surrey, where are you i'd be very interested if you are selling :huh: