Villiers Ignition

bsabantamtrials

hi. i have been looking at ignitions for my villiers engine but dont know which one is the best. there is the PVL ignition or the nametab ignition or is there other ones. which is the best. thanks charlie

My dad has got the nametab ignition on his and uses it for trials and thats fine at the moment so should i get the nametab ignition. i have heard that the nametab ignition is simple to fit is that true

Edited by bsabantamtrials

I can only suggest you follow your heart. If you know someone who has a Nametab system fitted and they are happy with it then go with what you know. I supplied a Nametab system to a Spanish friend of mine and it let him down badly in Scotland.

I am running a PVL myself. Why ? Well i had a PVL fitted to my B40 for two years with no problems so i fitted one to my James on the strength of my experiences. In two years it has never let me down so i will probably fit another PVL to my next project.

Saying that there are PVL systems and ther are PVL systems. Some are made to fit Karts and are not suitable for Trials use. Some are made for 4 strokes and are also unsuitable for 2 stroke Trials use. :rolleyes:

So be very careful who you buy from and make sure they know what they are doing. I would only use Alan Whitton because i have bought from him in the past and have alwaysfound him most helpful with after sales service and advice. There are other people selling ignitions for Villiers etc and i only recommend Alan from personal experience as a happy customer.

Good luck with your project. B)

hi. i am told that PVL ignition does not use the existing flywheel. is that true.

thanks charlie

True the PVL doesnt use the original Villiers flywheel.

Why would you want to though? remembering the age of any Villiers flywheel and the fact that it wold probably be ready for remagnatising anyway, assuming you are serious about competing not just playing at it?

I found the other benifit is that it is easy to play around with the flywheel weight when using the PVL system. Not so easy to tune the engine characteristics with the old Villiers system. IMHO