Ty 175 Footrest Kit

martin 305

Hi all just about finished my ty 175 rebuild and its looking great just a small problem with the sammy miller footrest kit ,looks great all chromed :rolleyes: but when fitted the rest fouls the kick start ;) and i cant see any way round it is this a crap design or am i missing something B) any advice you could give would be welcome cheers martin

Trialsmm is right, fitted the kit to mine and I found it easier to remove the return spring on the K/S side so it folds out of the way easily. The pegs are well worth getting in my opinion.

Edited by arun1664

With standard footrests you dont have to lift it to use the kickstart, thats why the kickstart is bent that way.

I fitted the Miller kit to mine and having to lift the footrest all the time became a pain, even worse was falling off or stalling when i was on a hill (right hand side) and not being able to lay the bike over far enough so the footrest would stay up so i could start it.

Someone did suggest tightening the bolt up enough so it stayed up in stutations like that, so i tried that and found that if i hit a rock half way through a section and it lifted the footrest then it stayed up and i had to struggle through, in the end i went back to the originals.

Here in the most nannified country in the world, competition rules require not just self-returning- folding footpegs, but they must use a spring to return them not just gravity. Here is what I did on my TY175 with Miller pegs. There is a spring loaded pin that will lock the peg in the up position, and it releases by just bumping the peg after the motor starts.

post-325-1231278701.jpg

Edited by feetupfun

Here in the most nannified country in the world, competition rules require not just self-returning- folding footpegs, but they must use a spring to return them not just gravity. Here is what I did on my TY175 with Miller pegs. There is a spring loaded pin that will lock the peg in the up position, and it releases by just bumping the peg after the motor starts.

Thats clever.

But I think we hold the crown for most nannified country. (In everything that doesn't matter, of course)

Edited by B40RT