Sherco Clutch Drag

wacko

Would appreciate any advice on how to correct a clutch problem with my 07 290.

When cold, the clutch works perfectly but after about 20-30 minutes running, it begins to drag and it becomes difficult to select gears.

Hydraulic system has not been touched from new and there is no evidence of fluid loss at the master cylinder.

Have tried changing oil to ATF and the crankcase breather tube is clear of blockages. Have also cleaned clutch plates with fine emery.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Make sure there is some free play at the clutch lever allowing the master cylinder to return fully. If not the fluid from the reservior won't be able to get into the system, but may bleed in when its left which is why it works when cold. Failing that your plates may be distorting when hot.

Does seem a bit odd what you are describing. All I can think is if the lever action and engagement point seem otherwise normal, the plates must be warped. Yet at the same time, my experience was that this was worse cold and improved as things warmed up.

Were you able to blow through the breather tube? Yet even when this occurs, the result is usually a slack lever initially, as the piston has been pushed back.

Check to see if the true engagement point varies or things seem to bleed down. Be sure the fluid is full, as in removing the cap and working the lever to expell any air in the system. Diaphram should displace any remaining air in reassembly so sight glass should indicate totally full. So a bit overfull, then collect excess.

M2C