04 Pro Rear Brake Lever Adjustment

hrcmonty

HI Peeps,

is there no way of adjusting the level of the brake pedal on the 04 pro's. The new gassers and all montesas have fully adjustable pedals.

Any body else found the pedal to be to high and want to bring it down. If so how ya done it.

Cheers

HI Peeps,

is there no way of adjusting the level of the brake pedal on the 04 pro's. The new gassers and all montesas have fully adjustable pedals.

Any body else found the pedal to be to high and want to bring it down. If so how ya done it.

Cheers

What I'd do first to take the plunger rod off and then depress the lever and check underneath to see if the lever can be trimed to allow more downward movement, then you can usually make a smooth cutout with a Dremel tool to clear the frame tubes better (it usually does not take much and you want to polish the cutout to avoid a stress riser).

After you've got maximum travel to the lever, put the plunger rod back on and see if you have enough thread to screw the rod back enough to get it to where you want it. You usually have to grind a little off the threaded end as it will bottom out against the lever. If the rod is still too long, you'll need to take a little off the other end that goes through the M/C boot. I'd start with about 3mm, and be sure to round and polish the end like it was to fit correctly in the piston depression.

It only takes a little juggling to get it right. I've done it to my GG bikes as I also found the lever too high for my liking. While you're at it, add a zerk fitting to it and you can give it a lube easily and in the future avoid a bad case of the flops (the only thing I allow to flop around on my bikes is me, which is unavoidable). The rear brake lever is easily overlooked when lube time comes.

Jon