Ty Pegs ?

polarity3232

Hey everyone, I am building a 74 TY250a and wondering if anyone has found a crossover footpeg from another bike that works on a TY(The stock pegs are teeny tiny things !) I have seen some at some vintage trials sites , but very expensive.. I have considered some weld on extesions... this could work and the price is right, But i did a search on e-bay and saw tons of pegs for all sorts of dirt bikes for like twenty bucks (some look like they would work , not sure though ?) Let me know if you know or have heard of anything ! I am ready for this project to be done , and the end is in sight!! thanks Chad :wub:

Edited by polarity3232

You might be lucky and find a set of those chinese footpegs that fit the twinshock TY with a bit of grinding, drilling or filing. A friend of mine did just that to get pegs for his KT250. There was only minor mods needed to make them fit. Where I live there are shops that sell those cheap chinese pretend MX bikes and you can measure the cheap accessory footpegs there to find something that can be made to fit, if you are so inclined. I would have expected that sort of shop would exist in most countries.

The weld-on extensions for TY pegs work pretty well and would be a known quantity as far as durability goes.