Bagshot Heath Nhmcc

lingo75

Took a ride out to this yesterday as it's only 7 miles away. First UK trial for about 15 years. I must say I was rather confused with all the coloured markers on the trees, must be an observer nightnmare! There only used to be one line when I rode.

Don't know whether it's just North Hants but there wasn't much info for the newcomer at the sign up area. They had a nice board with space for info on the current event and also for next event, both totally blank!

Asked the people at sign up where the sections were and they had no idea. Eventually found one section just as the last couple of riders were going through.

Went home a bit disappointed with my first event after a long gap even if I was only spectating, not the North Hants club of old I remember

Multi coloured route markers is pretty standard across all club level trialing these days, I guess things have changed, but most observers have gotten to grips with it now.

Would recommend you give it another go, there were over 100 riders there yesterday, and everybody I spoke to was really enjoying their day out. For a certain category of rider they are certainly doing something right. There is another North Hants event half mile up the road at the MOD test ground in March, worth a look also, perhaps observe !

The girls on sign were really friendly! They just didn't know!

As far as the queues at the first section, why not just start the different classes at different sections around the loop!That's what the did in Southern California.

I think I might pass up on the observing bit as I am not overly familiar with the new rules. It was completely no stop when I rode!

I did however notice that a one Mr D White is the chairman of North Hants, is that Dave White perchance? He was riding with them when I used to be a member and his Mum & Dad were involved in the running of the club.

I used to ride a Cheney Ossa back then. Oh how times have changed.Mind you what section I did see I reckon I could quite easily have ridden on the old Ossa on what I think was the hardest line.

Any ideas on how to let the wife let me get another bike? She reckons I'm too old

[

I used to ride a Cheney Ossa back then. Oh how times have changed.Mind you what section I did see I reckon I could quite easily have ridden on the old Ossa on what I think was the hardest line.

Any ideas on how to let the wife let me get another bike? She reckons I'm too old

Loved to know what section you watched on, the top route was the blue gates,and if you could EASILY have ridden your ossa round it ,you best get back out and show us all how its done..whats to old ???

derek rides round and hes over 70.

great trial , blue route very enjoyable and testing, if you did'nt get lost.

queing on a big entry and 4 laps ,is gonna happen it was not that bad, it was a nice day .

thanks to all involved.

any results likely to be posted online anywhere.

I think it may have been section 1. The start was near a fence and section was in and out of a few trees and up and down a bank. The obeserver was in a raincoat standing on the top of the bank, back to the fence.

PS I did use to ride expert in the southern, south eastern & south midland centre events with support from Windsor Comp shop alone with Colin Mitson & John Bull. I was one of the founder members of Surrey Schoolboys and rode with Chris Sutton (is he still riding?) Colin Boniface etc. A young Dave Renhan was starting out back then

Just turned 51 BTW, wife thinks the spirit is willing but the flesh may be week! :huh:

Edited by peter9000uk

come along to the next event and have a ride on a modern bike see how much easier they are to ride than the older bikes.

dave reneham still rides sometimes , and barry roads.

some of us are well into our 50s and are still out most weekends,

you obviously could ride a bit and 2 or 3 times on a modern bike and it will all come back, beware you will get hooked again.

they have over 50 classes in most events,

north hants events dont run an expert route, bognor and most acu clubs have an expert route that might make you think a bit.

trouble is its all very tight and the experts hop and jump the bikes around, great if you can do it.

the top route last week was aimed at intermidiates.

that was section 1, and was one of the easier sections,

you want to have a go , you know it makes sence.

I have ridden a modernish bike when in the US.I was loaned one of the very first Fantic Sections by the then importer for a few trials. I think the mud may take a little getting used to again as it's all huge dry rocks where I was.

Thanks for the offer, drop me a line when and where the next one is and I'll see if I can make it.

I did have all my old riding gear till a couple of years ago but chucked it as it seemed to have shrunk since I last wore it!

Still got a Shoe (sic) helmet somewhere though!

Edited by peter9000uk

Hello again lads - do either of you guys knwo my Dad? Dave Campling he is good mates with lots of the guys you mention, he is 66 now and still riding, well riding again really since i started up. I still havent beaten him! He is riding a lovley TY175 which he restored. He did have a modern beta for a bit but it bit him a few times so went back to twinshocks!

All the best

Dan

(Campling junior 33!)

PS - Thinking about, it isnt it a bit stupid that we all use pseudo-names these days - bloody internet! imagine meeting someone down the pub and saying "Hello mate, pleased to meet you my name is TwinshockTerry52, and you are?"

Edited by Lingo75