Trp Setup?

borus

i was lucky enough to get a trp to try today, would like to know what you have your rebound dampening set at. currently mine is at 10 clicks clockwise which is right around mid point. also, the only way it would install on my caby is to have the dampening adjuster at the top. is this correct?

cheers

i was lucky enough to get a trp to try today, would like to know what you have your rebound dampening set at. currently mine is at 10 clicks clockwise which is right around mid point. also, the only way it would install on my caby is to have the dampening adjuster at the top. is this correct?

cheers

He He, I have no idea which way is UP! Suppose whastever fits, in contrary to previous discussion? Are they sensitive to which way the oil lays?

Who did you get it from?

I looked on the Lewisport site today, just to eye the thing in a pic, and can see where the shock body end is larger and may not fit upside down. I might call Adrian if you are unsure and need relief from the quandry? He should have some insight.

If it is any insight at all, seems I recall the stocker would only fit one way as well, not sure about the '08 i think you have.

I guess the knob is compression damping and the screw is rebound? Ah, you can build that hamburger 2046 different ways! What do you want?

:thumbup:

when i first looked at the shock i thought two adjustments but then realized that the big end screw is to fill the n2. i assume it's some sort of needle style, it only has one dampening adjustment for the rebound, the comperssion is progressive. i did try it yesterday in -15c temps on a bit of bare ground (my riding area is totaly covered in snow) and it did feel different but that's certainly no test. i could hop the rear end easier, even with it that cold. i'm going to try it today, the bike sat in the house all night, should give me a bit more of an idea.

cheers

Hi, I've had a TRP on my Sherco for 18 months now and it's been great. The knob is easiest at the top. You can adjust it easily with the rear guard removed. The screw is for gas filling and should not be touched. I got this info from Jan Cardinaels(Jitsie)who designed the TRP shock. I feel that the best function is with the knob about 6 clicks OUT more than 10 is very good for hopping but the back wheel bounces around in rocky creeks etc.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had to do any maintenace other than clean and spray with WD40. Good luck with your new shock, I know you'll like it.

thanks howard, is that 6 clicks clockwise or counter clockwise looking down at the shock mounted on the bike, cause i can't tell which way the adjuster actually turns in and out. not sure i made any sense there - lol - :(

cheers