Fuel Leak Due To Hopping

airfruit

Hey, I'm riding a beta rev3 125 2008... and it likes to pour fuel out when I'm doing any sort of hopping. Actually, it's really bad when I do rear wheel hops. However, the bike doesn't seem to leak much at all if I don't hop. Is this normal? I pulled the carb out and checked the float level, no problem there. I lengthened the float bowl vent hose already so the bike doesn't pour gas out of there... oh, I also cleaned the whole carb, compress air and everything... Anyway to fix this or I'll just have to live with it? I love hopping on the rear but I really don't like it when I keep getting fuel on my rear tire!!! Help!!!

Might be worth resetting the float level to cut off at a little lower fuel level even if it is as spec. & see if that helps - did that with my Sherco 4T keihin and worked a treat. You can always reset it if it doesn't work.

regards

Jim

It'd be nice to be able to hop on the back wheel.

How'd ya do it ?

Well, I rode bicycle trials for 5 or more yrs... just swapped over to moto last summer. It took a while to get use to the control and rear suspension, but after I did, I just transferred my skill over :thumbup:

Would setting the float different from spec screw up the bike going up or down big climbs? I heard something like that before... especially mine's a 125... I could be wrong!