No Compression Techno

grahamcota

Hi All

I have a 98 techno 270.The other day i had it in my garage,giving it a tweak and all of a sudden the engine stopped dead.Now I have no compression when I try to kick it over.

Any ideas?

Through rational thought I think it can only(lol) be one of three things

a; A hole in the piston

b;broken ring(s)

c; wooddruff key broken.

Any ideas or thoughts and info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Grahamcota

Edited by grahamcota

Sounds like the piston nipped up.Take the cylinder off and inspect the piston/rings,i think it will be obvious.Stuff some clean rag into the crankcase before you lift the cylinder right off,that way any broken bits of ring won't drop inside.If it had sheared the flywheel key it would still have compression.Unusual for it to seize this way,what oilmix ratio are you using?

Husky

I think it is definately the piston and rings. The rings are actually welded into the piston.Think it has been worn for some time and the lips of the piston have formed over the rings.Going to order a new kit from Lampkins in a mo.

Edited by grahamcota

Gday,

Check the bore carefully for damage. Dont hone it! Also make sure that the ports have a little chamfer on them. Clean the exhaust while its off, check your airfilter as well. Cooling system all OK? It pays to do all this so you dont destroy all your hard-earned's!

PS - Check the spark plug is the correct type and heat range and check ignition timing as well.

Cheers,

Stork

Edited by Stork955