Scorpa 250 Rotax 2 Stroke

ianjholder

I always ran my rotax at 32 : 1 conventional 2 stroke oil. Many will recommend synthetic, but for a younger rider the advantages are debatable. Main bearings etc, in my experience last a lot longer.

Cheers for that, my 15 yr old son just had his first go, on some farmland the owner let us use, and promptly crashed it, broken rear mudgard and the front brake pipe ripped from its handlebar lever. Just a few bruises but as he was wearing my armoured leathers and helmet was OK. I couldn't stop laughing as kids nowerdays think everything is easy.... no doubt I'll be on to Appelyards at Keithley for some spares

ian

Cheers for that, my 15 yr old son just had his first go, on some farmland the owner let us use, and promptly crashed it, broken rear mudgard and the front brake pipe ripped from its handlebar lever. Just a few bruises but as he was wearing my armoured leathers and helmet was OK. I couldn't stop laughing as kids nowerdays think everything is easy.... no doubt I'll be on to Appelyards at Keithley for some spares

ian

More importantly, did you get it on video? :-P

B40RT, why do you say synthetic will make motor wear out quicker? That isn't what I or any of my friends have found from doing a hell of a lot with various airC and LC strokers. Best we found is silkolene comp 2 (full synth). Interested to know what you have found on the triallies.