99 Sherco Forks

sherpa

Have tried contacting Sherco with this question many times with no reply.

I may have a problem with my email. Anyway, I have a 99 bike with a crack in the right fork leg axle bracket, just along where the pinch bolts are. The paioli manual I have gives no instructions as to the repalcement/removal of this item, or wether one is even available. (I know the bracket is removeable, but I dont want to cause more damage, without knowing the correct methods) The whole leg assy is very expensive.

Any ideas/suggestions.

BIG JOHN: Thanks for the reply. Welding will most likely be the solution. I was hoping to find some one out there who had done the job before, or knew of a Paioli service center in the US. At this point, I don't even know where to go to get the part. Merry Christmas :santa1:

Agree with you on the manual for Sherco's Big John.

I've downloaded the whole the lot (over 2meg!) cut it to disc and took it to work to print out (save on my ink :P ) and I've now got it in a big old Folder in my shed :santa1:

Thanks Wayne & Sherco, have a good xmas guys

I think that Sherpa is noticing that the axle clamp is a separate part pressed on to the leg and he's wondering if it can be replaced.

I don't think the fork seal replacement manual will help.

I would imagine it could be done by a qualified machinist...you would have to know if it is pinned, or if any material is sweatted into it (like brass)...but I bet the real problem would be getting the part.

I think you're in for a new leg.

Charlie, you nailed it!! I have a Paioli manual and it describes the bracket and even goes so far as to say that there is an o-ring seal that sometimes requires replacement. However, Paioli give no authorization or process to do the job. Further, they give no part info. Paioli recommends that the fork be sent to an "authorized" service center, of wich there are none that I know of in the US.

Wayne, I have tried to send you emails three times with no reply. I thought perhaps I was having problems with my email provider, or maybe you were with yours. I will try again, Thanks :santawink: