Gas Gas 280 Pro, Water ~ Antifreeze Mixture

andrewwww

Hi Guys, thinking about dropping the water just to change it as I don't know the bikes history, is it worth it? as it runs fine and fan works fine so

How high up the filler neck under the fuel tank should the water be (right to the top?)

What is the best mixture ratio to use? (water/antifreeze)

Tap water or deionized?

Antifreeze? ethylene glycol? or is there something else?

Thanks in advance.

50/50 water antifreeze

prevents freezing and reduces electrolytic corrosion,

De ionised water would be better but I've never, ever, heard of someone using it, so I wouldn't bother.

Fill it up just short of the cap, start the bike, squeeze all of the pipes as it warms up to displace any airlocks, and let it idle for a long time, like half an hour, lots of fan on fan off cycles, feel the radiator, top and bottom tanks should get hot. The coolant will expand, push past the cap and 'find it's own level'

I prefer the green antifreezes, but they all work.

50/50 water antifreeze

prevents freezing and reduces electrolytic corrosion,

De ionised water would be better but I've never, ever, heard of someone using it, so I wouldn't bother.

Fill it up just short of the cap, start the bike, squeeze all of the pipes as it warms up to displace any airlocks, and let it idle for a long time, like half an hour, lots of fan on fan off cycles, feel the radiator, top and bottom tanks should get hot. The coolant will expand, push past the cap and 'find it's own level'

I prefer the green antifreezes, but they all work.

Thanks Gordon