How To Bleed Brakes

kibsy

hi, my gas gas 125's fronts brake stopped working yesterday. the brake seal under the brake fluid holder thing was broken. i then bled the brakes and now there is a huge amount of resistance when i pull the brake lever and the brake never bites so i cant do an endo, any halp in this situation would be helpful. thanks kibsy

hi, my gas gas 125's fronts brake stopped working yesterday. the brake seal under the brake fluid holder thing was broken. i then bled the brakes and now there is a huge amount of resistance when i pull the brake lever and the brake never bites so i cant do an endo, any halp in this situation would be helpful. thanks kibsy

Kibsy,

Not quite sure what "the brake seal under the brake fluid holder thing was broken" means, but I'm venturing a guess it's the rubber boot that the plunger goes through on the side of the master cylinder? You'll probably want to install a new boot as grit will get in the M/C bore and wear the o-ring and piston rapidly, if it has not already done so.

The "huge amount of resistance " may be the piston/seal bottoming out in the bore if you have the adjustment screw on the brake lever tightened in too far, mistakenly thinking that it would make the brake work better, but in fact, it will make the brake not work in short order. There should be a little slack where the adjustment screw meets the plunger rod that passes through the rubber boot, so you may need to back it off some. Try adjusting the adjustment screw on the lever out and let us know if it makes any difference.

Jon