Sherco Front Fork Springs

beta rider

I've been thinking about this and I'm with you Jamez on that point....Anyone got an explanation as to why we need to lose that suspension travel solely on the weight of the bike???

Best of balance.

Neo

Because THEY said so!!!!!!!!!! :shutup:

The springs must support "sprung weight"(bike and rider) and keep things in a reasonable range of operation, otherwise it would be constantly hitting the limits of topping or bottoming out and beat themselves(and rider)to death.

First park of equasion is weight of bike, next, weight of rider, so the initial drop is about an inch, add rider, then another inch or more, so somewhere at 1/3-1/2 travel depending upon weight of rider. Keeps things absorbing little bumps, sort of floating over them and maintaining good contact with the ground and good control and traction.

In this case, the initial subscriber has not figured out how to "wheelie" easily by using the springs to his advantage and initially compressing them, then using the return to lift the front almost effortlessly, even without throttle! :thumbup:

Hmmm .... yes that makes a lot of sense Cope.

But it still seems like a lot of travel to loose in just sag... Surely the amount of sag needed would depend on the weight of the rider too?? ... I guess that's where the pre-tensioner comes in?

Best of balance.

Neo

Hmmm .... yes that makes a lot of sense Cope.

But it still seems like a lot of travel to loose in just sag... Surely the amount of sag needed would depend on the weight of the rider too?? ... I guess that's where the pre-tensioner comes in?

Best of balance.

Neo

The bumps go down, dip, as well as up, bump, and to keep the tyre on the ground the forks need to extend as well as compress and without sag there is nowhere to go.