Help, 02 Txt 280 No Spark

joandemma

Just been out for practice, and stopped bike after an hours riding, using kill switch, but when I went to start it again it would not even try to fire up. Took plug out to try see if sparking against head, but no spark at all. Tried disconnecting kill switch altogether but this made no difference, still no visible sparking at plug when kicking it over?Was completely dry today so water can be ruled out and bike was running perfectly fine before I stopped it. Spoilt my day really, anyone help with what I should be checking next. Oh I also tried a spare plug but this didn't spark either-help wanted cheers.

Edited by joandemma

Hi,

Try checking the stator pick up for the fly wheel make sure it is clean by rubbing it with fine emery paper and the gap is correct between the pickup and the flywheel. Mine was really dusty when i took the cover off i blasted it with an airline and that helped too. There's probably more to check but i'm not too sure, i'm sure someone else will be along with more answers. Apart from the usual suspects like a broken wire there can't be too much to go wrong.

Good luck

Steve