Vin Check

trial_master

My frame number starts with VBNS129TR6

From what I can see on the internet, all Sherco frame numbers should start VNBS129TR6

N and B wrong way round

Could this be a print error at the factory or is this normal.

As i do not know the registration number of the bike, Is there a way of checking up on the bikes history just from the VIN? I have done a search on google, but every where wants the reg number aswell as the VIN.

My frame number starts with VBNS129TR6

From what I can see on the internet, all Sherco frame numbers should start VNBS129TR6

N and B wrong way round

Could this be a print error at the factory or is this normal.

As i do not know the registration number of the bike, Is there a way of checking up on the bikes history just from the VIN? I have done a search on google, but every where wants the reg number aswell as the VIN.

Mine says VNBS, possible drunken Spanyards again! :dunce:

My first Sherco (2000 model) was supplied with a digit missing from the VIN, I had to have the Police inspect it and they used a numeral die to stamp the missing digit on the frame so it corresponded with the V5C!

Big John

Mine starts with VBNS as well, also a Sherco 290 07. Picked it up new and I was checking the frame numbers with the V5 sent in the post . Phoned my dealer and he said that all Sherco's start VNBS, even Rathmells wouldnt believe me at first but they sent a new V5 when I took my bike back to show the dealer. I think my comment at the time was

"Now do you bl**dy believe me! :thumbup:

Edited by scudo

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Forum and from the States. I have an 02' and an 06' CABY and both frame VINs start with VNBS...just a thought, could they have identified the bikes for export to the States as VNBS? Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and I hope to be a regular and active member.

All the best,

Carl