360 James

dixie

A chap was at the Exmoor on a 360 james, did they exist ??

Sounded really crisp. is it a griphon scrambler head ???

I need to know all about it , I could never be a rich man , i spend it in my head before i ever get it

A chap was at the Exmoor on a 360 james, did they exist ??

Sounded really crisp. is it a griphon scrambler head ???

I need to know all about it , I could never be a rich man , i spend it in my head before i ever get it

Oh yes, they were very common in the 1960's, everyone had them....not!

Big John

I think they did try a 360 but not sure it ever went into production.

Maurice Brayford (I think) has ridden a 360 James for as long as I can remember and it is supposed to be an original bike. Having picked it up off him in a section a good few years ago I can well believe it is original as it felt like it weighed as much as the Suzuki Bandit I had at the time.

The current version of the 360 conversion has been tried by one or two people and I've heard nothing positive about it. Pete Carson was trying one and gave up with it and he has access to a lot of Villiers expertise with the people he knows. I really wouldn't bother to be honest, the 250 with modern ignition, exhaust and airbox design has more than enough power for any classic section. 360 just isn't needed - unless you just want it of course which is an entirely different matter. I'd never argue against opinion that says we can never have enough toys to play with...

• 3 weeks later...