Carb Probs

clarkie

hi all hope someone can help bike running fine mont 315r 2001,but i decide to clean carb which is a oko used air line then put back on bike and now it splutters at low revs and used much more fuel and the exhaust fume smell petrolly plus there was some black smoke the only time the bike picked up was when it was just running out of fuel has any one had this or can give some advice please is there something iam missing because it ran fine before......... :moon: many Thanks

sounds like the airline might have dislodged some muck and blocked a jet try again with another carb clean. physically remove the jets and clean off seperately then do the body of the carb. Hope this helps

G'day, if the plug is black its fouled, give it a clean with some carb or throttle body cleaner and stick it back in (or grab a new one) and go back through your carb again. Check the float level and look for any tiny specks of rubbish that might hold the needle and seat open. Clean airfilter? check it while you're there. Clean and fresh fuel? Old stuff can give you grief and the oil can settle out of it. Try all of that and see how it goes.

HTH

Cheers,

Stork

thanks stork for advice but iam posting this note in case anyone has done the same without nowing when i cleaned the carb with air line it turned out without me nowing that i had blown the brass needle seating that the needle goes into when you shut of throttle out of the carb and only found it on the floor the next day by mistake some thing as simple as that could drive you to drink but i was lucky so if you do have problems with the carb check everything because it could be something simple as a tiny brass seating thanks for all your help guys bike now runs great....... :moon: