Sherco 290 Stalling In Low Revs

gradgeman

hi everyone.

can anybody help me. i have a sherco 2005 2.9 since im a new rider, first bike, and just getting in the know i would appricate any advice. on low revs when i need just a little clutch out for small movment the bike is just stalling is it me, cabs, or fule air mix? all these have crossed my mind although any other advice would be a great help.

The 290's can stall and it can chuck you off the bike in a second.

You need to be positive as the clutch on them is really just a switch.

I would set the tick over to run a bit faster and make sure the clutch take up point

is not to close to the bars so you can be sure if the clutch is in or out.

A long clutch lever might help you a little.

Not the easiest bike to learn on as they can be tiring.

hi everyone.

can anybody help me. i have a sherco 2005 2.9 since im a new rider, first bike, and just getting in the know i would appricate any advice. on low revs when i need just a little clutch out for small movment the bike is just stalling is it me, cabs, or fule air mix? all these have crossed my mind although any other advice would be a great help.

If the bike is stock and unaltered, you can try setting the ignition timing back 5-6mm on the plate. This reduces stalling and kickback on startup, slows the bike with a smoothing effect a bit for the novice rider. This setting is preferred by many novice and old farts like me!

You may want to try 50wt oil in the gearbox, which slows the clutch reaction a bit. :P

All this is presuming the bike is running normally otherwise?

Edited by copemech

hi everyone.

The two-step proceedure I find that works well to reduce stalling in any Trials bike is:

1. Set the fuel/air mixture screw by (after warm-up) quickly blipping the throttle from idle and adjust the fuel/air screw in or out to get the best quick response. Each engine is different and there is no "right" setting for all engines. You should do this once in a while to adjust for the normal changing weather conditions.

2. Put bike in gear, and hold the clutch lever the way you would while riding (usually one finger holding lever to knuckles) and then adjust the tickover speed for section riding (usually just slightly higher than normal). This will compensate for any clutch drag.

Jon

Edited by JSE

thanks guys.

i stripped cabs and blew out and put a new air filter in,i gave two and a half turns on fuel screw and air srew untill sounded about right. i did tweek the clutch too. runs like a dream and starts first time. and hey no stalling. cheers again for all you help. nice one.