Scorpa's ... 2007 Model Any Good ?

olliemoto

heard about the scorpa sy 250 being a really reliable bomb proof bike with not much in the way of problems, and if this was true then you would aspect a lot of people to be using them but there isny many compared to gasgas beta sherco and montesa

:S are thay any good or should i go for one of the other makes ?

Well, my next door neighbour has one, not an 07 but an 03... this year it saw its 5th scottish and made it through alive, its ridden often and the only time its in the garage is for new tyres, brake pads ect... Tough bikes, built like tanks... I think there not used much due to the weight, there rather heavy with the steel frame, lets it down really.

No real major changes throughout the nine year development of the SY250. Obvioulsy the later model you can afford, the better it will be; but buy by condition. A mint 2005 will be a better bet than a well thrashed 2008 model.

At club level, they take some beating. Higher up the championships they are slightly less competitive, but it depends on what type of competitions you are going to enter. If you are an average club rider, the extra weight will probably not make an 'ounce' of difference and you will appreciate the soft power delivery and reliability.

However, that said it is always a good idea to try as many different models as you can, you may find one of the other makes suits you better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Pete