Draining The Rad

brokeback

I am wanting to fit a silicone hose kit to my 09 280, which is the best point to drain the cooling system down from? and with what do you refill it with? ;)

A common way is to back out the brass plug in the center of the pump (with the Torx recess, it's also the bushing that the water pump shaft rides in). Pull the tank and loosen the radiator cap first, or it can gush out if there is any pressure in the system. Be careful unsnaping the spring clips on the clamps (they are reusuable) and a small, thin screwdriver seems to be effective.

I use a 50/50 mix of automotive anti-freeze and distilled water and it has worked well, even in my Magnesium engine.

Jon

I am wanting to fit a silicone hose kit to my 09 280, which is the best point to drain the cooling system down from? and with what do you refill it with? ;)

I see that Jon has answered your question, but out of curiosity I want to ask why change to silicone hoses? Just for appearance or is there a practical reason?

Cheers! ;)

-Jan