Clutch Problems

scotty97

My brothers Clutch master cylinder (AJP) is leaking fluid through the seals, so he bought a seal kit to get it sorted but cant find any instructions on how to do this. Does anyone know where i can get some info or has anyone done this before (seems to be common) and could write some pointers for us????? Cheers in advanved for any help!!!

Just change the seals etc in my clutch master cylinder took her for a quick blast and she is still p***ing fluid out? anybody got any idea why this would happen???? PLEASE HELP!!! I WANNA GET OUT ON HER TOMORROW!!! Thanks ;);):D

Rich

Think i might have found the problem. I believe the adjuster on the actual lever is pushing the piston too far in and therefore the res is putting all the fluid in between the 2 rubber seals and it may even be leaking fluid out of the wrong side of the seal furthest out??? Well this is the one theory i,ve come up with????? anyone else aware of this??? ;)

Gday, did you fit the seals the correct way around? The "sharp" lips point to the fluid. Also, if there are any scores, scratches or corrosion in the bore the cylinder needs replacement. Sometimes they can be polished out with fine (800-1000 grit) wet and dry on a stick in a drill if not too deep.

Cheers,

Stork

Think i might have found the problem. I believe the adjuster on the actual lever is pushing the piston too far in and therefore the res is putting all the fluid in between the 2 rubber seals and it may even be leaking fluid out of the wrong side of the seal furthest out??? Well this is the one theory i,ve come up with????? anyone else aware of this??? :D

This was the fault!!! :D Just losened it off took it back out cleaned excess fluid reistalled and not even a slight leak!!! Magic!!!! :D